Terms and Conditions
Prompt: The Cottage
Word count: 1200 words
Deadline: 19 September 2018
- The $35 entry fee is compulsory and non-refundable.
- This is a short story competition. The fictional, unpublished short story must be submitted on the website by 19 September 2018.
- Please use the prompt: The cottage. The word count is 1200 words.
- You will have two weeks to workshop your story.
- Your draft must be submitted by 19 September 2018. This gives you an opportunity to give and receive feedback on your and other entrant’s stories.
- If you have not submitted your draft by 19 September 2018 you will not be allowed to submit your story on the 10 October 2018.
- If you do not submit a story, draft or final, on 19 September 2018, you will forfeit your entry.
- You can rewrite your story before resubmitting it for the final deadline.
- The final version of your story must be posted on the site by 10 October 2018.
- The word count is 1200 words. The word count limit is set to give you 50 words either way.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Formatting guidelines:
Publish the story using the
a. In the title bar write your story title and your name.
- TITLE by AUTHOR NAME
b. Copy paste your story into the white block. Add the following information to the form.
- Word Count: XXXXXXX | Genre: XXXXXX | Warning: XXXXX(Optional)
c. Submit your document.
d. To comment on another writer’s story please use the
7. The competition is open to any writer over the age of 18.
8. Only previously unpublished stories may be submitted. Unpublished means that it has not been published on any website, personal or otherwise, blog, personal or otherwise, any publications
9. One entry per person.
10. Copyright remains with the writer.
11. By entering the competition you agree to the terms and conditions. Also, by submitting your entry, you agree and warrant that (i) your entry has not been published before; (ii) your entry is entirely your own original work; and (iii) nothing in your entry is defamatory, private or an infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right or in any way a breach of another’s rights. Any entry in breach of this clause will be disqualified from participating in and winning the competition.
12. If you miss the deadline for any reason your entry fee is non-refundable.
13. The prizes have been listed. Prizes are non-transferable, cannot be exchanged or altered.